From the organizers:
Grow Great is calling for applications for its 2019 seminar
Closing date Friday 20 September 2019
lnaugural GROW Great seminar: 18 October 2019
On the 18th of October 2019, the Grow Great Campaign, a campaign aimed at galvanising South Africa towards a national commitment to zero stunting by 2030, will be holding its inaugural seminar in Johannesburg. This seminar will bring together a multisectoral group of high level policy makers, academics, activists, business & civil society leaders and social influencers to discuss and unpack the problem of stunting in South Africa, showcase gains on stunting made locally and internationally and inspire a national commitment to zero stunting by 2030.
The theme of the 2019 Grow Great Zero Stunting Seminar is: Zero Stunting in South Africa by 2030- An opportunity for greatness.
• Stunting and its impact on human capital.
• What we can do now, with what we have
• Food & nutrition security interventions for the 1st 1000 days.
The conference programme provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to present their relevant and recent scientific or programmatic work in the form of posters.
Abstracts should be submitted by Friday, 20th of September 2019. The authors will be notified whether their submission have been successful by Friday the 4th of October
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Grow Great will appoint a panel to review all abstracts and consider the quality and relevance to the seminar theme and sub-themes, the focus and substance of its results and its originality and relevance to practice.
- Selected abstracts will be assigned a poster slot where seminar attendants can engage with the authors
- Abstracts must be typed in English.
- Results or practices must be clearly presented in the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Selected Authors should rsvp for the seminar by the 10th of October 2019.
- Attendance is free. No transport and accommodation will be provided.
- The poster panels must be A0 or A1 (Portrait style). Adhesives will be provided at the poster boards. Authors will be required to stand next to their poster during the seminar breaks and engage with seminar attendees on their research or programmatic experiences
INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT.
- Insert the full title of the proposed presentation (maximum 30 words)
- Choose the theme you wish to submit under.
- Insert the name(s) of the author(s) – type the name of the presenting author first in the list of authors and add additional authors.
- Insert abstract body – (maximum word count = 300 words).
- The abstract must adhere to the following format:
For any queries, please email Duduzile Mkhize on email@example.com